Today, the Human Islet Research Network (HIRN) announced the following seven recipients of the 2018 New Investigator Pilot Award Initiative. These investigators will carry out bold and highly innovative new research approaches to biological problems under current investigation in HIRN. They will join their respective consortium conference calls and attend the HIRN Annual Investigator Meeting.
- Abdelfattah El Ouaamari, Ph.D., Rutgers University
- Amelia Linnemann, Ph.D., Indiana University
- Eddie James, Ph.D., Benaroya Research Institute
- Holger Russ, Ph.D., University of Colorado
- Joana Almaca, Ph.D., University of Miami
- Prashanth Vallabhajosyula, M.D., University of Pennsylvania
- Sangeeta Dhawan, Ph.D., Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope